GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION – PRIVACY NOTICE
We are Smarter Security Solutions Ltd (Company Number 6327930).
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) relates to the handling of all personal data including employee information as well as client or customer related data.
Under the GDPR, processing is necessary for the performance of the Contract we have with you and in order to comply with our obligations under the Contract, we will need to process your data.
What do we do with Your Personal Data?
We take your privacy very seriously and are committed to safeguarding your privacy. We will only use your personal information to administer your account and to provide the services and products you have requested from us.
We do not pass on your personal data to any third party, unless required to do so for certification purposes under the SSAIB Certification Scheme. Further information can be obtained from www.ssaib.org, Privacy Notice – Registered Firms’ Customers.
What counts as Personal Data?
The definition of ‘personal data’ will include any of the following:
• names, titles and aliases
• your demographic information, such as gender, race or ethnic origin, age, date of birth, marital status, nationality, education/work histories, employment details, family composition and dependents – if this information is linked to you as an individual
• convictions, proceedings and criminal acts
• photographs and CCTV images – if there is something in the picture that means you can be identified from it (eg a name badge)
• health information
• contact details such as telephone numbers, postal addresses and email addresses
• passport number, driving licence number, taxpayer identification number, tax reference code and national insurance number
• financial identifiers, such as bank account number, payment card number, payment/transaction identifiers and policy number
• IP addresses and website visit histories, logs of accidents, injuries and insurance claims.
At Smarter Security Solutions Ltd, we will not collect data about you that we do not need. We will make sure that the personal data we do collect is updated in our systems in a timely and accurate manner.
The GDPR requires personal data to be processed in a manner that ensures its security. This includes protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage. It requires that appropriate technical or organisational measures are used to ensure this.
How do we store your Personal Data?
All personal data is stored electronically on a secure and encrypted server, protected by a firewall. Hard copies are stored in a secure filing system, protected by CCTV, intruder alarm system and access control system.
How long do we keep your Personal Data for?
We will only keep your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
Individual Rights Under the GDPR
In general terms, the GDPR entitles you, if you’re an EU citizen, to:
• know why we are using your data, how long we will keep it and who can see it
• obtain access to the data that the Company holds and processes about you. A copy of this information will be provided free of charge; however, we will charge a ‘reasonable fee’ to comply with requests for further copies of the same information. We will provide this information without delay and at the latest within one month of receipt of the request
• request correction of the personal information we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected
• be forgotten. This means you can ask us to delete your data if it’s no longer necessary for the purpose we collected it for
• request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
Visit the Information Commissioner’s Office website for information on the law and helpful hints – https://ico.org.uk
If you think there may have been a breach where data or information may have been used or secured incorrectly, please contact Paul Chater, Data Protection Officer, on 0345 257 7318 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Smarter Security Solutions Ltd
Unit 8 JBJ Business Park
Issue Date: April 2019